
I sat alone in my office today making minor edits to my thesis, happy to have passed my defense yesterday. My officemate had told his students to drop papers off on his desk in his absence. Over two hours, a stream of 18 year olds intermittently came to my office and I had the following conversation at least 5 times.
Student: Is Ben here?
Me (smiling?): Do you see him?
Student: No.
Me: Do you need to leave something for him?
Student: Is he going to be here?
Me: I don't know. Are these his office hours?
Student: Don't you know his schedule?
Me: No.
Student: When do you think he will get here?
Me (starting to get irritated): Sorry, but I don't know. Do you need to leave something for him?
Student: Yeah. He told us to leave stuff on his desk. Do you know if he's on campus?
Me (pointing): Well, there it is. And no, I don't.
Student: Ok. Do you know when he's going to get this?
Me (totally irritated): Sorry, no.
No comments:
Post a Comment