Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"What do you mean you don't eat no meat?"

I am grading again. Today's great? The award goes to a speech outline on vegetarianism entitled, "I Eat Mock Meat, but I Don't Eat Meat." I learned a huge statistic from this outline. Did you know that ten billion, twenty-seven million, and nineteen thousand teenagers are slaughtered every minute? I didn't. Behold the evidence (all errors in grammar belong to the original author):


"Half a million teenagers aged 13 to 17 in the United States are vegetarian (Vegetarian Resource Group/Roper Poll, 2000). Furthermore ten billion, twenty-seven million, and nineteen thousand are slaughter and used in an abuse manner every minute."

It's amazing what omitting one word can do for your speech. I have never been more compelled to save teenagers from imminent death from vegetarian slaughter.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...who knew?! :D Mock meat will surely be the salvation of these poor, unfortunate teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is hilarious! I hope you wrote something witty in your comments for the student. :)

    ReplyDelete